Laserfiche WebLink
7. Original owner (if known) _ WW�-W <br /> Original use <br /> Subsequent uses (if any) and dates <br /> 8. Themes (check as many as applicable) <br /> Aboriginal Conservation Recreation <br /> Agricultural Education Religion <br /> Architectural Exploration/ Science/ <br /> The Arts settlement invention <br /> Commerce Industry Social/ <br /> Communication Military humanitarian <br /> Community development Political Transportation <br /> 9. Historical significance (include explanation of themes checked above) <br /> Other features (cont.) (aluminum) ridged vertically - back porch has square posts & <br /> balustrades - one story addition on rear with wooden battens on roof, forming a porch? <br /> bay on left which extends above roof to make a bay dormer with three half-size windows <br /> 3 bays wide in front - small portico over front door; paneled walls & ceiling, post & <br /> lintel supported by brackets which are supported by Tuscan columns which rest on granite <br /> block walls - front door has diamond - paned colored glass lights on each side- front <br /> door has square window - stone foundation. <br /> Former site of the early Muzzey house, now situated at 42 Forest Street. <br /> Muzzey house was moved to this site when the Muzzey "Mansion House" was built on <br /> Massachusetts Avenue in 1841 (present site of Edison Station) . The eighteenth <br /> century Muzzey house was moved from here to Forest Street in 1898 or so (see <br /> Oral History of Bernice Glenn Mulvey, Lexington Historical Society) . <br /> S. Lawrence Whipple, 1984 <br /> 10. Bibliography and/or references (such as local histories, deeds, assessor's records, <br /> early maps, etc.) <br />