Laserfiche WebLink
INVENTORY FORM CONTINUATION SHEET Town Property Address <br /> LEXINGTON 31 SHERMAN ST. <br /> MASSACHUSETTS HISTORICAL COMMISSION Area(s) Form No. <br /> MASSACHUSETTS ARCHIVES BUILDING <br /> 220 MORRISSEY BOULEVARD 0 673 <br /> BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS 02125 <br /> HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE: <br /> The paired Queen Anne houses at 29 and 31 Sherman Street were constructed for two sisters—the former Emma and <br /> Addie Philbrick of Bedford- and their respective husbands. Emma Philbrick married Robert Hovey in June 1900. The <br /> wedding took place at the home of her sister,Mrs. Justus Morse who then lived on Fletcher Avenue. Mr. Hovey was <br /> described as a popular engineer on the B &M RR while Miss Philbrick was a member of the Euterpe Orchestra(Minute- <br /> man,June 22, 1900). <br /> In 1902 the two couples apparently moved from Fletcher Avenue to their newly-constructed, side-by-side houses on <br /> Sherman Street. <br /> BIBLIOGRAPHY: <br /> Lexington Directories,various dates. <br /> Lexington Minute-Man,June 5, 1896; June 22, 1900. <br /> Supplement prepared by: <br /> Lisa Mausolf <br /> March 2009 <br />