Laserfiche WebLink
INVENTORY FORM CONTINUATION SHEET Town Property Address <br /> LEXINGTON 29 SHERMAN ST. <br /> MASSACHUSETTS HISTORICAL COMMISSION Area(s) Form No. <br /> MASSACHUSETTS ARCHIVES BUILDING <br /> 220 MORRISSEY BOULEVARD �G 674 <br /> BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS 02125 <br /> HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE: <br /> The paired Queen Anne houses at 29 and 31 Sherman Street were constructed for two sisters—the former Emma and <br /> Addie Philbrick of Bedford- and their respective husbands. Addie Philbrick married Justin(Justus?)Morse, an employee <br /> on the B &M Railroad on June 2, 1896. The wedding took place at the new home of the bridal pair on Fletcher Avenue. <br /> Miss Philbrick was attended by her sister, Miss Emma Philbrick and the best man was Henry(Robert?)Hovey(Minute- <br /> man,June 5, 1896). <br /> In 1902 the two couples apparently moved from Fletcher Avenue to their newly-constructed, side-by-side houses on <br /> Sherman Street. <br /> BIBLIOGRAPHY: <br /> Hudson, Charles. History of the Town of Lexington. Cambridge: The Riverside Press Co., 1913,vol. 2,p. 442. <br /> Lexington Directories,various dates. <br /> Lexington Minute-Man,June 5, 1896,June 22, 1900. <br /> Supplement prepared by: <br /> Lisa Mausolf <br /> March 2009 <br />