Laserfiche WebLink
INVENTORY FORM CONTINUATION SHEET Town Property Address <br /> LEXINGTON 5 PELHAM ROAD <br /> MASSACHUSETTS HISTORICAL COMMISSION Area(s) Form No. <br /> MASSACHUSETTS ARCHIVES BUILDING <br /> 220 MORRISSEY BOULEVARD � 513 <br /> BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS 02125 <br /> HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE: <br /> An additional brief note concerning the construction of the house appeared in the Lexington Minute-Man on May 29, <br /> 1896. It stated: <br /> The frame shows conspicuously of the large house Mr. George L. Stowell is building on land formerly of the <br /> Munroe estate, located in the vicinity of Col. Tower's residence. If we are not mistaken the house is located on <br /> what is named Pelham Road. <br /> In 1910 the house appears to have been occupied by Harriet Sias,mother of Thomas Sias who lived at 4 Bennington <br /> Road. Later owners included William and Annie Wentworth from at least 1913 to 1926 and J. Chester Hutchinson from <br /> 1928 to at least 1942. Robert and Margaret Mann acquired the house in 1958 and it remained in the family until 2007. <br /> BIBLIOGRAPHY: <br /> Lexington Directories,various dates. <br /> Lexington Minute-Man,May 29, 1896. <br /> Middlesex County Register of Deeds, Cambridge,Mass. <br /> U.S. Census,various years. <br /> Supplement prepared by: <br /> Lisa Mausolf <br /> January 2009 <br />