Laserfiche WebLink
INVENTORY FORM B CONTINUATION SHEET LEXINGTON 16 LAKE STREET. <br /> 220 MORRISSEY BOULEVARD,BOSTON,MASSACHUSETTS 02125 <br /> 1581 <br /> Recommended for listing in the National Register of Historic Places. <br /> If checked,you must attach a completed National Register Criteria Statement form. <br /> ARCHITECTURAL DESCRIPTION: <br /> Describe architectural features. Evaluate the characteristics of this building in terms of other buildings within the community. <br /> Located at the corner of Columbus Street and Lake Street, 16 Lake Street is a 2 'h-story, gablefront structure sheathed in <br /> clapboards and capped by a gable roof with overhanging eaves that end in returns. The fagade is spanned by a single-story porch <br /> supported by turned posts with a spindle frieze and spindle balustrade. Alterations including the gable addition projecting to the <br /> south and the shortening of the window openings over the front porch. <br /> HISTORICAL NARRATIVE <br /> Discuss the history of the building. Explain its associations with local(or state)history. Include uses of the building, and the role(s) the <br /> owners/occupants played within the community. <br /> This house was built prior to the 1906 map which depicts a building on the site but does not indicate its owner. <br /> It was known as 12 Lake Street for many years and the occupants changed frequently. George MacLaren was living here in the <br /> early 1920s; William Lennon was at 12 Lake in 1928; John Wood was in residence in 1932. By 1942 the house (then#16)was <br /> occupied by John H. Thompson. <br /> BIBLIOGRAPHY and/or REFERENCES <br /> Middlesex County Register of Deeds, Cambridge, Mass. <br /> Sanborn Insurance Maps <br /> Town Directories <br /> U.S. Census,various years. <br /> 1906 map <br /> Continuation sheet 1 <br />